CATCHING THE DEPARTED

I had two books for this long week end. One was the award winning ‘Chronicles of the Corpse Bearer’ and the other one ‘Catching the departed’, third book from Kulpreet Yadav. It seemed he has really departed from his other two books. This was really a winner for me instead of the shortlist of Hatchette. Recently I have read one detective book Lee childs Jack Reacher thriller. It will not be an exaggeration if I say, I could not really feel the difference between the Lee’s and Kulpreet’s writing.
Book starts with a bang with a murder of an unknown drunkard in a sleepy forgotten village outside Delhi. This one incident, develops into a mega conspiracy of fugitives from within the country and outside it. The protagonist Andy Karan is the Indian Jack Reacher in many ways. He is an ex army Captain who picks up the job of a press reporter who happens to be in the middle of a big story, when he goes to report the murder of the villager. He refuses to back out of the investigation, and finds himself in the midst of RAW and NSG team, investigating the murders and the larger conspiracy of a nuclear bomb. His boss and girlfriend angle adds spice to the whole spine chilling thriller.
This book could take me along to finish the 255 pages in a day’s time because, the Andy Karan’s characterisation was so demanding; it was as if he was reminding me of Tom Cruise in the movie Jack Reacher. In India, Salman Khan could be the right person to play the role of Andy Karan. I liked it

Comments