Love is blind

All have heard about this adage “Love is blind” and much more. We have heard about the stories since the evolution of mankind. We have seen movies as old as the civilisation itself. Love is a phenomenon which happens I believe for the good of humanity to keep away hatred.
Few days back I had an experience of love with different dimension and intensity. The situation took me to ponder on the vastness of this emotion of living beings.
As usual, few days back, getting up early morning,I left for morning jog. While going out of the gate I noticed our watchman sitting sadly brooding at the sky. The jolly good fellow otherwise, Mr Durander Singh, seemed to me upset over something. He was a Nepali well built, tall with broad shoulders settled down is the south since many years. The unscrupulous characters would not dare to confront him. As usual I asked him
“what Durander how is life?”
He did not seem to hear me. The regular salute also seemed to have been forgotten. Anyone else would have misunderstood him as being arrogant.
“Durander, you are not well?” Once again I asked
Startled by my presence, getting up hurriedly
“Ji Sir, good morning”
“Not feeling well” I continued
“I have no words to explain Sir, I am a shattered man”
“Mr Durander I do not understand what you are trying to say. Please tell me what is the problem”
“What to say Sir, I lost my beloved Baba Sir”
“When?”
“Yesterday morning Sir”
“Then why are you here? You do not get leave or what?”
“No Sir, Leave is ok sir, but I am really hurt ,I can not bear the grief of my loss, that is why I am sad Sir and I did not notice you coming.Sorry Sir”
I was impressed by his duty consciousness to attend duty even after the death of his Baba
“How old was he?”I asked
“Four years old sir, He is to wait for me every day night at the gate and then only eat his food with my hand. If I was late any day he used keep knocking at my door.Early morning he used wake me up.”
Once again I was touched by this affection of a small child
“I am really concerned and if you want I will speak to the secretary to make arrangements for granting you leave. You can join duty after completing all formalities”
“What formalities sir.I loved him so much there is no formality for that”
By now I was getting little confused
“Was he going to any school or play school”
“What sir, why school sir, he was my lovely Cock a doodle do”
“What nonsense” I said to myself and went back cancelling my jogging programme for the day.
Whole day I kept wondering about this love. Was he a fool or the love was foolish. No it was blind beyond caste, creed, region, religion, age, sex, race and now the species.
As an abstract concept love refers to a deep, ineffable feeling of tenderly caring for another person. Even this limited conception of love however encompasses a wealth of different things, from the passionate desire and intimacy of romantic love to the non sexual emotional closeness of familiar and platonic love.Love in its various forms acts as a major facilitator of interpersonal relationships.(Wiki)

Comments