Transfer of Email

“Good Morning Mr Sam, I am PPP, Mr Parijatha Pradeep Partha, Manager from ABC Consultants”
A strange smart looking man standing in front of my table early morning greeting me, impressive was his impeccable manners which were not matching the dress code, which were mixed with traditional contours draped in western style with a tie and a big line on his forehead to mark his devotion to the almighty.
“Sit down please” I said pointing at the chair in front of me
The guy seemed to be fully charged, enthusiastic and highly knowledgeable. Then suddenly I remembered my boss informing me few days back that someone will be coming for the collection of statistics of our company for updating the website and to forecast the future target. I was told to look after him and provide all the necessary help during his stay in the town. I went to the vending machine and brought two tea for both of us and started talking to him casually.
“So PPP Sir, you have come from Delhi”
“Yeah, I have come from Delhi.Actually I hail from Tyamagundlu near Mandya, I can visit my place while I am here, for that reason I opted for this tour”
“Finally you will be settling down in Tyamagundlu or what?” I asked
“What ? Thyamagundlu, no chance, after serving in Delhi for so many years I will be a misfit there now”
He felt as if he came from New York. Very proud of his tenure in our national capital.
“Delhi is a nice place I believe, the city never sleeps I heard is it true?”
“Delhi is the Silicon City of India”
I did not want contradict our guest saying Bangalore has that title. I thought let him be happy with whatever title he wants to give to his favourite place.
“Yeah, I have heard NOIDA is full of all BPO’s and IT companies”
“Ji han woh to hai, even our office is fully computerised you know, it is a paperless office, all through networking and ERP”
Saying this he looked around our office space through the glass cabin and did not seem to be very much impressed.
“Interesting it may be to work in such a company isn’t it” I said
I was under the impression, our company based in Bangalore with all the Italian venetian blinds, glass partition, tinted windows and wooden flooring was comparatively better organisation adopting modern management system and a pleasing work environment.
“Yeah that is why I chose that company otherwise who would have gone to Delhi. In the campus interview in my College NITT, the famous regional institute, I was the topper and got the first preferential posting. Instead of Mumbai I chose Delhi being the national and capital the place of happening.”
“Since how many years you have been working in this company?”
“10 Years”
“Same Department?”
“I was in Facilities management
“Good Sir, you are a lucky man to work with a company like that. With a computerised environment. Your broadband connection is independent or shared.?”
“There is a little problem now. Our Finance is cutting costs on these expenditures and to stop misuse of internet they have limited the internet to Senior Managers only”
“Then what you do for sending a mail to somebody?”
“For that I use the assistance of my office Assistant, he looks after that, I do not bother”
“Very good, you have lot of assistants to assist you, here we have to get our tea and do all our own job”
By now I was getting very much impressed by his positive attitude and confidence in whatever he believes is true.
“Sir, now to work, what actually you need from us? What can I do for you now?”
“Yeah, I am here to collect the statistics’ off all the import cargo received in this ICD, for compiling , updating the website and to prepare future forecast report . I think in two days you can collect and handover it to me. Today I will go to my place and come back day after tomorrow, I hope you can make it ready by then.”
“What nonsense, I was supposed to show him where he will get, this fellow is asking me only” I said to myself, anyway let me see
“That report will be about 100 pages, I will ask my colleague who deals with these matters”
I called up the person in charge of these reports and asked him. He said it is available, in soft copy and he will forward it to my mail id. I opened my mail and found the pdf file of the statistics with 110 pages.
I was very much happy, thinking that I can send this guy out today only, instead wasting time with him for two three days.
“Sir the mail can be sent to you immediately, what is your email id ?”
“Oh my God, I never thought that you will send through email, I did not bring my email while coming from Delhi. I will tell my assistant to send it immediately”
......................................I was stunned and left with no words ,called his assistant immediately .

Comments

  1. Automatically transfer all your email messages, contacts, attachments into database like Excel, ACT, Goldmine, Access and more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment